Proof of Linguistic Sufficiency
- Proof of Linguistic Sufficiency
The TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, and MET exams are required by United States and Canadian universities for graduate programs.
The Centro Colombo Americano of Pereira offers the following tests:
MELICET – Michigan English Language Institute College English Test (formerly MICHIGAN), consists of an exam in English proficiency and includes sections on listening and reading comprehension, grammar, vocabulary and an oral interview.
The MELICET is required by
- Numerous Colombian universities as a condition for admission and/or graduation
- National and international businesses for work-related opportunities
- The Amity program for cultural interchange
TELP (Test of English Language Proficiency) - The Fulbright Commission, the main organization for international scholarships and exchange programs in the United States, requires this test for applications for undergraduate and graduate scholarships in the country.
- Testing schedule:
Tuesday 8:00am and Friday 2:30pm
by previous appointment
- Two 3x4 photographs
- Photocopy of identity document
- Payment receipt for the amount stipulated for the test
- Filling out the inscription form
TEFL - The Centro Colombo of Pereira counts on the certification from the ETS (Educational Testing Service) for the administration of international tests.
The TOEFL©iBT is the test for English linguistic sufficiency with greatest international acceptance:
- More than 180 countries demand this test.
- It is required or accepted by over 5000 technological institutes and universities.
- 90 certifying agencies such as the Fulbright Commission and other scholarship awarding organizations and promoters of Educational Exchange (www.ets.org/toefl) use this test.
What does the TOEFL©iBT evaluate?
Reading and listening comprehension, verbal fluency, and written composition
- It measures the capacity to use and understand English in an academic environment