- Multimedia Room
In the multimedia room students can access additional computer resources to reinforce class materials and also find programs to improve their reading comprehension, grammar, and listening ability in English. Several programs have voice recognition capabilities to aid in pronunciation.
- Group tutorials and the Song Club
The group tutorials and Song Clubs constitute free 45-minute sessions designed to develop communication skills and to serve as learning guides. These tutorials encompass Listening Comprehension, Conversation, Pronunciation, Karaoke, and Song Clubs (one for adults and one for children). There is no cost whatsoever for registered students.
|Monday, Thursday, Friday||9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday and Wednesday||6:00 p.m. to 6:40 p.m.|
||6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.|
- Individualized tutorials
These 30-minute sessions were designed to offer students individual help in various language skills. They are free of cost to the student but require a previous appointment.
|Monday to Friday||8:00 a.m. to 12:00 m||3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.|
- Other academic activities
• ELT Conference (English Language Teaching Conference)
• Pronunciation sessions
• Conversation club for each level: Basic, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, High Intermediate
• Song Clubs (one for adults and one for children)
• Karaoke Sessions
• Practice sessions for listening comprehension for each level: Basic, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, and High Intermediate
• Individual tutorials (by appointment)
• Individualized practice in receptive and productive English skills in the multimedia room
- Work Study Exchange Program
This program links the English Program to students with limited financial resources.
- The student must be at least 20 years old.
- The student must have a set time available to attend classes as well as to take part in at least one of the activity sessions offered by the Centro Colombo Americano of Pereira.
- The student must NOT have taken part in the program previously.